Buyer (Maternity Cover) - VR/19107
Our client, based on the north-side of Aberdeen, has a requirement for a Buyer to join them on a maternity cover contract for a period of up to one year.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Buyer is responsible for supporting in the purchasing or materials, services and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing and purchasing materials needed for company assets, in accordance with purchasing principals and policies.
- Liaising with offshore staff regarding requisition status and any difficulties.
- Identifying areas for reducing costs.
- Providing cost reports to Management when requested.
- Assisting in vendor performance monitoring.
- Participating in duty rota.
Applicants to this role should ideally offer the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industry.
- CIPS qualification would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, computer literate and good organisation skills.